Articles on the history of ultrasound in Australia
- Advances in the Technology of Sonography Introduced by the Ultrasonics Institute, George Kossoff, Address to History of Medical Ultrasound Symposium, Washington DC 1988.
- History of the Ultrasonics Institute, (warning – this is a large file!) A Record of an Historical Exhibit at the World Congress for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, WFUMB’88 Washington DC, October 1988.
- Australia’s Contribution to Breast Ultrasound, George Kossoff, Breast News, Bulletin of National Breast Cancer Centre 2000; 6(1): 5.
- How Research into Medical Ultrasound Began in Australia, George Kossoff, ASUM Bulletin 2000; 3(4): 8-13.
- Australian Innovations postage stamp series, excerpt from Australian Stamp Bulletin No. 274, March-May 2004.
- A historical look at ultrasound as an Australian innovation on the occasion of the ultrasound stamp issued by Australia Post – 18 May 2004, Kaye Griffiths, ASUM Bulletin 2004; 7(3): 22-26.
- Sonography – the emergence of a profession, Lynette Hassall, ASUM Ultrasound Bulletin August 2007;
- A Short History of the Ultrasonics Institute 1959 – 1997, prepared for WFUMB 2009 History Booth.
Other articles that may be of interest
- Ultrasonics Research in Medicine in Australia – A Review, George Kossoff, Ultrasonics International 1973; 199-205.
- An Historical Review of Ultrasonic Investigations at the National Acoustic Laboratories, George Kossoff, Journal of Clinical Ultrasound 1975; 3(1): 39-43.
- Diagnostic Ultrasound – The View from Down Under, George Kossoff, Journal of Clinical Ultrasound 1978; 6(3):144-149.
- Diagnostic Ultrasound, Peter Verco, Australasian Radiology 1981; 25th Anniversary Issue 115-123.
- Ultrasonics Research in Australia, David Robinson, Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Australia 1984; 4(2) 126-132.
- DMU – The First 10 years, Kaye Griffiths and Margaret Tabrett. ASUM Ultrasound Bulletin February 1999; 2 (1).
- The Second Decade of the DMU 1989 – 1999, Jenny Mitchell. ASUM Ultrasound Bulletin May 1999; 2 (2).
- Australian Contributions to Medical Diagnostic Ultrasound, David Robinson, Acoustics Australia 2000; 28(3) 109-112.
- Personal History, George Kossoff and Stanley Barnett, Biological Effects of Ultrasound: Developments of Safety Guidelines Part 1: Personal Histories Ed Nyborg WL. Ultrasound in Medicine & Biol., 2000; 26(6): 911-964.
- History of the Australasian Society for Ultrasound in Medicine, David Carpenter and Kaye Griffiths, ASUM Ultrasound Bulletin March 2003; 6 (1).