A Career in Ultrasound
A career in ultrasound is very rewarding and allows practitioners to work worldwide. Sonographers are health professionals who use specialised equipment to create visual images of organs, tissues or blood flow inside the body. These images are then used by physicians to form medical diagnoses. Sonography uses high frequency sound waves (ultrasound) to form the visuals from a transducer, a hand-held devise the sonographer uses. While the majority of sonographers work in hospitals, they are also employed in doctors’ surgeries and clinics that specialise in sonography.
ASUM provides sonography education as a post graduate program, please see our Education Tab above and then DMU.
Advertising on our Jobs Board
ASUM invites employees and employers to advertise their career opportunities on our Jobs Board. This advertising is:
- Free for ASUM members advertising on their own behalf
- Free for Members who are Directors or Company Owners advertising for their own company
- Free for ASUM Corporate Members advertising for their organisations
- Charged at $1.10 per word for all non-members, with a minimum of $165 if a logo is included.
- Charged at $1.10 per word for companies, whose Directors and Owners are not ASUM members, but who may, or may not, employ one or more ASUM members, with a minimum of $165 if a logo is included.
Please complete ASUM’s advertising policy and application form and forward with an electronic copy of the advertisement (MS Word preferably) to firstname.lastname@example.org
View our current Sonographer Vacancies here.