ASUM is the Australasian representative of the World Federation for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (WFUMB).
The World Federation for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (WFUMB) is dedicated to the advancement of ultrasound by encouraging research, promoting international cooperation, disseminating scientific information, and improving communication and understanding in the world community using ultrasound in medicine and biology. Therefore, the mission of WFUMB is to bring sustainable ultrasound programs to the underserved areas of the world to improve global healthcare through collaboration, communication, and education.
WFUMB consists of international organisations membership including;
- Asian Federation for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (AFSUMB)
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM)
- Australasian Society for Ultrasound in Medicine (ASUM)
- European Federation for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (EFSUMB)
- Federation of Latin American Ultrasound Societies (FLAUS)
- Mediterranean and African Society of Ultrasound (MASU)
International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (ISUOG). The long-term vision of ISUOG is that every woman in the world has access to ultrasound, that every scan provider is competent and that the diagnosis of obstetric and gynaecologic conditions is effective so that women’s health outcomes improve.
ASUM works closely with both organisations to deliver on shared values. This includes the goals of ASUM Outreach, along with like-minded partners.