ASUM half yearly membership opens 1st December
Were you so busy this year that you forgot to renew your ASUM membership … or would you like to join after experiencing one of our wonderful CPD educational events?
Rather than waiting for the start of 2016, our half yearly membership opens on 1 December, giving you that little bit of extra time to enjoy your member benefits.
If you are not currently an ASUM member, or have let your membership lapse now is the time to BECOME AN ASUM MEMBER. You can also contact our office and speak with our membership officers on 02 9438 2078 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a member you can:
- take out Professional Indemnity insurance and add Public Liability insurance if you choose
- watch plenary presentations from our 2015 Annual Scientific Meeting (and previous years)
- keep your Continuing Professional Development records in myASUM CPD (where we automatically record ASUM sponsored points and certificates earned)
- enjoy discounted attendance for ASUM educational events
- enroll online for CPD events
- gain CPD points and further your expertise through Scholar, our eLearning platform
- research areas of interest through our PubMed Central listed journal AJUM as well as through the search engine EBSCOhost which searches international medical and scientific journals
- and many more
Non-ASUM student sonographers are entitled to up to 2 years free membership and are strongly encouraged to take full advantage of our membership.
Highlighting two member benefits:
Event registration is usually $70 for members and $200 for non-members. At a savings of $130 for each event, you only need to attend 2 events before 30 June to save more than or most of the cost of your membership fee.
With 15 CPD events between now and 30 June 2016, offering of 82 CPD points, it is very achievable to recoup your membership fees via event attendance savings.
Click here to see those events already in our calendar – and keep a watch for more coming soon.
Are you seeking information on a specific topic or involved in updating protocols for your workplace? The EBSCOhost search engine can help you. EBSCO is a leading provider of research databases, e-journals, magazine subscriptions, ebooks and discovery service for the academic and medical and corporate user.
For those who haven’t used EBSCO before we have a User Guide. You can create session folders and search alerts that will email you when information relating to your search comes online… now that’s time saving.
Prof Alec Welsh, Professor in Maternal-Fetal Medicine, UNSW, has a 3 year funded (at least in part) PhD scholarship available for 3D Fractional Moving Blood Volume. If you are interested please contact Pro Welsh directly by email email@example.com.